Occasionally, we all can benefit from a style makeover. As time passes, the same hair-do, wearing the same clothing, and dressing in the same style can become boring. Check out these five tips to use style to boost your confidence.
Finding your pink pineapple is about building a sense of self-confidence, happiness, and satisfaction in your life. A style boost is a quick win!
I know we’re not all trendsetters, but occasionally following a fashion trend can refresh your appearance and keep you looking attractive and up to date. Regardless of what change you make, a new style can boost your confidence. When you look good, you feel good and more ready to take on the world!
And, the best thing about trying new trends is that it’s not necessary to spend a ton of money to update your look. Take advantage of sustainable fashion marketplaces, like Poshmark.
Consider these easy ways to boost your confidence by periodically making some changes with your style:
Get a New Hairstyle or Cut
Nothing rejuvenates your style and boosts your confidence like a totally different look with your hair.
- Before I begin, let’s insert a warning: DO NOT CUT YOUR OWN BANGS. Talk to your hairstylist. They’re a trusted source for helping you look your best. They can recommend a change or update to a style you’ve worn for years, without taking the chance you might regret.
- Lots of articles on updating your style recommend a switch in hair color. I’m going to go against the crowd and warn against it. Instead, try one of the demi-permanent rinses to intensify your natural color. It can revive the mousiness that sometimes creeps in as we age.
Explore the Season's Popular Colors and Prints
Browse the fashion magazines to learn about the season’s most popular colors and prints. If they suit you, try them out in a small way. When you bring your look up to the present, it’s refreshing and serves to give your self-confidence a real lift.
- A new shirt or blouse in the season’s most comfortable fabric can give you that up-to-date look.
- Although it’s best to avoid buying an entire wardrobe every season, purchasing one or two carefully selected clothing items in the newest colors and prints can freshen up your appearance.
Be Bold in Your Accessories
Accessorize to establish your style. Accessories tend to be less pricey than clothing, yet make a powerful statement in terms of your appearance. Be bold in your accessories and you’ll feel bolder as well.
- With a scarf in a trendy color, a necklace in the newest style, or sparkly new earrings, your attitude and self-esteem will rise. These small updates can help you shine in a big way.
- For men, consider classic cuff-links and ties in the latest prints and colors to express your fashion sense with accessories.
- With accessories, you can take a basic wardrobe and bring some real character to it to show off your sparkling personality.
Take Care of Your Complexion
Take care of your complexion. Regardless of whether you’re a man or a woman, you stand to benefit greatly by taking care of your face and skin. If you have problematic skin like I do, this is even more important. Healthy, glowing skin is vital to self-confidence. The key with skincare is consistency. Develop a ritual that works, and stick to it.
- Because your face is so integral to your appearance, your facial tone expresses one facet of your overall style.
- Consider getting a facial every 3 months to revive your face, tone up your complexion and refresh your overall style. In turn, you’ll experience a real increase in feeling good about yourself.
Neatness Goes a Long Way
We’ve all gotten really comfortable as the stay-at-home orders have dragged on, with yoga pants being the order of the day, but neatness goes a long way. Polished shoes and ironed clothing are the best style accessories of all.
- Something as simple as polishing your shoes will bring a spring to your step. Taking a few extra minutes to iron your clothing brings crispness to your style that adds to your feelings of confidence.
- Keep your clothes and accessories well-maintained. Details like this can earn you the accolades of being a “sharp-dressed” man or woman. Others take notice in a positive way and you earn respect simply with your sharp appearance.
Making some simple style changes in your appearance will rejuvenate your overall look. When your style is updated, you feel revived. So, bring your look alive this season by trying these five tips to use style to boost your confidence. You’ll look better and your confidence will bloom.
This post was proofread by Grammarly